Need measurement for top support fittings on 1915 C-25 Touring

Chuck Murphy

Hi,

    I am restoring a 1915 Buick C-25 Touring and need a measurement from someone who has such a car. I need the distance between the outside of the driver's and passenger's front support fittings for the top.  See photo.  Mine (outside measurement) are 50.0 inches apart, but I am not sure this is correct (or even close to correct).

Thanks for your help,

Chuck Murphy

murphyy2@...

Carrollton Texas

--
Chuck Murphy
Carrollton TX USA

Dean Tryon

Will forward it to other owners unless you want to wait for the March issue in mid Feb.

Dean Tryon
   2516 Laurelford Ln
   Wake Forest NC. 27587

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022, 11:03 AM Chuck Murphy via groups.io <murphyy2=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

    I am restoring a 1915 Buick C-25 Touring and need a measurement from someone who has such a car. I need the distance between the outside of the driver's and passenger's front support fittings for the top.  See photo.  Mine (outside measurement) are 50.0 inches apart, but I am not sure this is correct (or even close to correct).

Thanks for your help,

Chuck Murphy

murphyy2@...

Carrollton Texas

--
Chuck Murphy
Carrollton TX USA

Chuck Murphy

Please forward now,
Thanks
Chuck

[...]

Leif Barem

Hi Chuck, I think Cadillac and Buick used the same body in 1915. Two marques are better than one when looking for info.

I recently helped transport an unrestored 1915 Cadillac to Australia

                                                                                               Thanks
                                                                                                 Leif

    I am restoring a 1915 Buick C-25 Touring and need a measurement from someone who has such a car. I need the distance between the outside of the driver's and passenger's front support fittings for the top.  See photo.  Mine (outside measurement) are 50.0 inches apart, but I am not sure this is correct (or even close to correct).

Thanks for your help,

Chuck Murphy

murphyy2@...

Carrollton Texas

--
Chuck Murphy
Carrollton TX USA

--
Leif Barem
Mount Vernon WA USA

Chuck Murphy

Thanks for info,
Chuck

    I am restoring a 1915 Buick C-25 Touring and need a measurement from someone who has such a car. I need the distance between the outside of the driver's and passenger's front support fittings for the top.  See photo.  Mine (outside measurement) are 50.0 inches apart, but I am not sure this is correct (or even close to correct).
Thanks for your help,
Chuck Murphy
murphyy2@...
Carrollton Texas
--
Chuck Murphy
Carrollton TX USA

--
Leif Barem
Mount Vernon WA USA

--
Chuck Murphy
Carrollton TX USA

Gregg Lange

I would doubt that Buick and Cadillac used  the "same" bodies. Did Cadillac source their bodies from Fischer Body Co.? Buick did. According to data availble from "The Standard Catalog of American Cars"; none of the wheel bases offered were close. I don't know that there was the colusion between the design departments that exists today. It doesn't sound like somthing that Walter Marr would do. Gregg Lange, Saginaw, MI.

I am restoring a 1915 Buick C-25 Touring and need a measurement from someone who has such a car. I need the distance between the outside of the driver's and passenger's front support fittings for the top. See photo. Mine (outside measurement) are 50.0 inches apart, but I am not sure this is correct (or even close to correct).

Thanks for your help,

Chuck Murphy

murphyy2@...

Carrollton TexasINBOX74691924c52ed896d74f60433fa66f0c81e

--
Chuck Murphy
Carrollton TX USA

--
Leif Barem
Mount Vernon WA USA

Gregg Lange

Good afternoon Chuck! God bless you and yours today!

I didnot sve the E-mail wherein someone offered to loan a plate for me to duplicate. I Think he was from Charing Cross Ont, Canada. I checked the HCCA roster and I don't see a name I recognize?

Winter is setting for Christmas here. Now would be a good time to retire to the basement and build a mold. Gregg Lange

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022, 11:03 AM Chuck Murphy via groups.io <murphyy2@...> wrote:
Hi,
    I am restoring a 1915 Buick C-25 Touring and need a measurement from someone who has such a car. I need the distance between the outside of the driver's and passenger's front support fittings for the top.  See photo.  Mine (outside measurement) are 50.0 inches apart, but I am not sure this is correct (or even close to correct).
Thanks for your help,
Chuck Murphy
murphyy2@...
Carrollton TexasTrash54930924c52ed896d74f60433fa66f0c81e
--
Chuck Murphy
Carrollton TX USA

--